Friday, January 20, 2012

I Say: Florida Was Amazing

As I mentioned last time, Mom, Dad and I went to Florida for the new year. I got to meet a whole bunch of wonderful Aunties. (Mom has a lot of sisters and a lot of cousins). They spoiled me rotten and I loved it. They fought over who got to hold me, and took such good care of me. I was excited to meet them, and I think Mom and Dad really appreciated getting a little break. There were eleven of us in one house and no one seemed to mind because everyone had so much fun with me. (My previous accommodations were pretty cozy too, so it was fine with me.) 

That's a lot of Aunties, plus Mom, Grammy and Grandpa
As much as meeting my aunties was wonderful, the highlight of the trip was meeting my Grammy. I had spoken to her on the phone and even seen her on Skype, but this was the first time we met in person. Mom kept telling me that Grammy was excited to meet me and how much I was going to love her. I'm her sixth grandchild, but the first in 15 years. I must say that meeting her was as great as Mom and Dad said it would be. I miss her already.

I love my Grammy
We were in Florida for ten days. It's warm there so I get to spend some quality time outside. The warm weather did wonders for my skin too. Mom and Dad took me to the pool a couple of times, but most days I stayed back at the house with my Aunties when they went to swim. I got a nice bath every day, so I still got some time in the water. I think that arrangement worked well for everyone.  

When we flew back to New York I was very well behaved on the plane again. That's more than I can say for some of the other kids. That's also more than I can say for by behavior back at home, but I came through when it mattered. 

In March Mom and Dad are taking me to California to meet Dad's family. Meeting Mom's family was pretty special and I know that Dad is really excited for me to get to know his cousins and aunts and uncles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment