Monday, January 30, 2012

I Say: Mom's Back At Work

Last week was a big one for me. Mom went back to work on Monday. She was really brave and didn't cry in front of me, but I know that it was hard for her to leave me. She and I had never been apart for more than a few hours, so it has been a bit of an adjustment for both of us, but we're doing OK. Sometimes I'm a little fussy in the morning when Mom leaves, but once I realize that Dad won't mess things up too bad, I calm down. We actually have a pretty fun time here even without Mom, but I get really excited when she comes home. Mom's pretty excited too.


Dad says that staying home and taking care of me is "challenging". Based on how much he's sleeping, I think that word means "tiring".  But he also says that he's lucky to have a great kid like me, and to be able to stay home with me during the days.

Every night before bed, Mom gives me a bath. I like that little ritual, and I really like the water too. Plus I get to wear my nifty shark bathrobe.


And in case you're worrying about these changes messing up my social schedule - don't. We went out to play with my friends Tessa and Luca yesterday, and I even dressed up for a fancy dinner with my friend Ian last week. (The grownups had fondue. I stuck with dairy products.)


1 comment:

  1. Simon, you are so adorable and bright-eyed!!! Mom and dad must be doing a really good job, and your verbal skills are quite amazing.... So glad you are handling the time w/Mom away. Guess you feel secure being w/Dad, and secure in Mom's love, whether she's near or far. (Well done, Nicolevand Jonathan!!) I'm sending lotsa hugs 'n kisses from the Negev. See you in April and can't wait!!!! Xoxo Gramma Aunt-Sandy

    ReplyDelete