Sunday, January 1, 2012

I Say: Happy New Year

Last night I took my first plane ride. Mom and Dad were very nervous because they thought that I might make a big fuss. They worried that my ears would hurt and I'd be uncomfortable, and they worried that the other passengers would be mad at me. They had nothing to worry about. In fact - unlike some of the rowdy babies and children on the plane - I slept for most of the 2.5 hour flight to Florida. I used a pacifier for takeoff and then fed off of mom for landing, so my ears really didn't bother me. The other passengers said that I was the best baby ever just because I was so quiet. They don't even know my other qualities. We were on the plane at midnight, and everyone wished one another a happy new year. Everything is new to me, but 2012 is looking pretty promising.

When we landed, Dad got this really sweet minivan and we drove to Auntie Yan's house in Coral Springs. We didn't arrive until 2:30 in the morning, but I knew that Dad was tired, so I stayed calm for the drive. Even though it was late, I got to meet Aunties Yan, Denise and Annette, and I saw Auntie Dianne again. As soon as I woke up this morning everyone was holding me and playing with me. It made me feel very special. But I also understand that everyone is being strategic. They know that Grammy is coming.

Allow me to explain. Ever since I was born, Mom's mom has been calling every day. Sometimes we Skype, and sometimes she just talks to me on the phone. Ever since we made the plans to meet her here she has been counting down the days because she's so excited to meet me. Everyone else knows that once she arrives, they'll have precious little time with me. And that's fine with me. I'm super excited to meet Grammy and Grandpa. I'll let you know how it goes, but I'm sure I'm going to love them.

And I'm sure they're going to love me, but I'm going to wear my chicken towel. Not every guy can look cute in a chicken towel, but I think I pull it off.


Happy New Year to all my friends and family, and everyone who was so nice to me in 2011. I can't wait to see what 2012 brings.

1 comment:

  1. Cutesy baby, ever!!!! Much love, good health, and joyful, fun days to you all!!!! Xoxo, Gramma Aunt-Sandy

    ReplyDelete