Wednesday, December 21, 2011

I Say: Exercise is Fun

It didn't take Mom and Dad long to realize that I don't like staying still. When I get fussy they can usually soothe me by walking around with me. I'm not expert on these things, but it seems like that was pretty predictable considering how active Mom was while she was pregnant with me. She'd run and swim all the time. (Not fast like before I was there, but she was still moving.) She'd ride a stationary bike. Then sometimes she'd do some less conventional things. There was the time she and I used a hula hoop. (I include myself because I think I helped her hold it up.)


Three weeks before I was born, Mom was doing headstands with me. Apparently that's not typical of women who are 7.5 months pregnant.

Mom at Lake Placid, October 2011
So is it any wonder that I like movement now? At times, Mom and Dad love that. Yesterday Mom went running in Van Cortlandt Park and Dad took me for a walk all over the park. I loved it, he loved it, everyone was happy. I like the fresh air and I tend to be very peaceful and calm when I'm moving. The problem comes when the movement stops. I'm not shy about sharing my displeasure when this happens. At times, Mom has had to resort to some unconventional methods to keep me calm while getting her exercise.




And just so Dad doesn't feel left out, here he is using a more standard means of rocking me to sleep. As you can see, it's not as creative, but it did the trick.



No comments:

Post a Comment