Sunday, December 4, 2011

I Say: Friday Wasn't Bad After All

My mom is a school teacher. She works with big kids in High School. Right now she's on maternity leave so she can stay home and take care of me, but on Friday she had to go into work for a day. Though she didn't like to admit it, I think she was a little nervous because she had to leave me with Dad. Coincidentally, Dad didn't want to admit it, but I think he was a little nervous too. Thankfully - and mostly because I was so cooperative - everything went perfectly.

The day started when Mom and I woke up a little after 6. That's not so unusual for us, but from what I'm told, Dad isn't used to being up so early. When Mom woke up she left me with Dad. I was wide awake, so Dad was too. Mom went off to school and Dad and I stayed home for a few hours. We took a little nap, but mostly just hung around the house. Around 10 he fed me and got me cleaned up and dressed. Then we got on a subway and a bus to go visit Mom at school. As usual I liked the public transportation, so that went smoothly. We got to school and Mom was in conferences. I saw her but stayed calm and quiet because I know that's what you're supposed to do in a school. (Plus Dad told me that I need to make a good impression on the Admissions Committee.)

Dad feeding me. 
Dad left me at school with Mom for a while and I got to visit with all Mom's co-workers and friends. Her friend Lauren even came by with her son Ryder and baby daughter Mia. It was great to see all these people. Then Dad came back and watched me for a couple more hours while Mom went back to work. By the end of the day Mom and I were pooped. We came home and took what Mom calls a "big fat nap".

All in all it was a great day. I think Dad enjoyed spending time with just the two of us, and I think Mom was a little relieved that it went so well. I know she misses me when she's not around me - and I certainly can't blame her for that - but at least now she realizes that Dad and I are OK without her for a little while. Just don't go too far away mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment