Wednesday, December 14, 2011

I Say: Happy Birthday Mom

Saturday was Mom's 40th birthday. Even though that's supposed to be a big deal, Mom didn't want to have a big celebration. Instead she wanted to spend the day with me. I liked that idea.

We started the day with a visit from my new friend Corinna and her moms, Heather and Margaret. We had breakfast together and read stories. Corinna was so nice that I can't wait to see her again.
Corinna is so smart that she could have helped with the big words. 
Despite the look on my face, I loved meeting Corinna.
After breakfast the three of us went up to Van Cortlandt Park. Mom and Dad took turns walking with me while the other one ran. I like walking around and I like being outside, so this was a lot of fun. Plus I got to see Nate and Glo again too. Mom got a carrot cake. Mom loves carrot cake almost as much as she loves me. And that's a lot. 

We followed our trip to the park with a "team nap" together. I like sleeping in the bed with Mom and Dad and lately they've seemed a little tired, so it worked out well for everyone.

Nap time for the men of the house.
Later on we went to visit Mom's family out in New Jersey. I saw Auntie Kay and lots of new people too. Everyone fussed over me, which was quite flattering. Recently I haven't been enjoying the nights so much. When I don't feel great my only way to tell Mom and Dad about it is to cry, and that's exactly what I did. A lot. Luckily Auntie Kay lent a helping hand, and so did a nice lady named Ashlie. She works with kids so she helped calm me down and gave Mom and Dad a little breather. Thankfully, I've been feeling better these last few nights, so hopefully the nights will be a little calmer around here. 

There were no big parties for Mom's birthday, but I hope she knows how much Dad and I love her. Happy Birthday Mom. 

4 comments:

  1. So proud we made the blog! Wonderful to see you 3, and we'll do it soon again. xo M, H & C
    PS I'm curious to hear how the Uruguayan carrot cake compared to the ne plus ultra up at VCP! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom loves this. The cake gave Lloyd's some competition, but it's 2nd.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Corinna is absolutely ADORABLE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 40! welcome to the fifth decade (and a new age group). glad to see you this week for a post-birthday run. even if I'm still recovering.

    ReplyDelete