Monday, November 7, 2011

I Say: Best Week Ever

This was my best week ever. Admittedly I'm working with a small sample size since this was also my first week ever, but it was pretty awesome. So many people came to visit me, gave me presents, and were just generally kind to me. Mom and Dad keep saying that they're lucky to have so many good friends, but I know that these people are just here to see me.

Yesterday I met Sandy and Carole. They were my grandmother's closest friends and knew my dad when he was little like me. I don't want to call them emotional, but let's just say that I wasn't the only one crying around here today. When Dad went out, they stayed around to look after Mom, but I have a sneaking suspicion that they just looking for an excuse to hold me a little more.

Grandma Aunt Carole
Grandma Aunt Sandy
Dad went out to watch the marathon. When he came back he brought Bridget and Erika and Paul and Scott. I was too tired to be my usual charming self with them, but I'm glad they came by anyway.

Overall, Mom and Dad seem really happy. Sometimes Dad just holds me and stares at me because he can't believe how much he loves me. Even though Mom still doesn't feel great, all she does is think about me. She takes such good care of me. Though I don't like the term "high maintenance", I must admit that I do require a fair amount of care, what with all the frequent feedings and diaper changes. Based on the fact that I've never been awake when she isn't, I'm guessing that she must not sleep much. Dad tries to do what he can, but he's not equipped to do the feedings - if you know what I mean - so Mom is really working hard. Mom never complains or thinks about herself. Dad's trying too. I think I'll keep them.

All this attention makes me smile
Yes she does

1 comment:

  1. Such a sweet and beautiful boy, you are, Simon!! Gramma Aunt-Sandy loves you very, very, much! Hope Mama is feeling better and Daddy is getting more and more used to your many ways. Lots of hugs from Uncle Arye and me. See you in the spring, but make sure I keep seeing lots of pictures, as you grow, ok?
    Xoxo
    Gramma Aunt-Sandy

    ReplyDelete