Friday, November 4, 2011

I Say: Whew, I'm Tired

Today was my fifth day here, and I'm pooped. I made my first ever trip to the pediatrician. She was nice, and made Mom and Dad feel very comfortable. (They're worriers.) Plus she didn't do anything too mean to Simon Jr. the way the doctor in the hospital with the sharp blade did. I even took my first subway ride to get there and back. There were a couple of times when I thought I peed my diaper, but then I realized that it was just the train.

When we got home it was party central. First Auntie Kaye and Uncle Scott came to visit from New Jersey. I liked them. Auntie Kaye was at my mom's baby shower and brought me a lot of cool clothes and other goodies.

Auntie Kaye
But wait, there's more. Mom and Dad have a friend named Alix. She came to visit and brought bagels. While I still prefer other cuisine, Mom and Dad see to love bagels. Alix has a son who is old. He's two.

Next up was a visit from mom's co-worker Felicia and her husband Steven. They're awesome and always look out for Mom and Dad. And now me. 

And that still wasn't it. My cousin Ben came by to help Dad fix up my room. Dad tells me that Ben has been a huge help and that he's really lucky to have such a supportive family. I'm looking forward to meeting the rest of Dad's side of the family.

After all the excitement, I was exhausted. I slept for hours and even skipped a feeding, which is not something that I'm in the habit of doing. Dad left for a few hours, and I didn't wake up once. Most of the time I was laying down with Mom. Speaking of Mom, she's kinda awesome. For some strange reason, she's camera shy, which is crazy when you consider how good she looks. I mean, she just had me on Monday morning, and hasn't slept for more than two hours at a time since then - but I think she looks terrific. The same can't be said for her disposition. Check out what she said to Dad when he tried to take her picture.

Mom's teaching me to count. To one.
But don't worry. As you can tell from the fact that Mom went out with Dad in the first place, he's a persistent guy, so he'll get me some more pictures soon and I'll post them here. In the meantime here are a couple more of me, for no other reason than the fact that I'm cute. There are also more added to the photostream.

No comments:

Post a Comment