Friday, November 11, 2011

I Say: I Have Fast Friends

On Sunday Mom watched the NYC Marathon on TV. She told me that her friend Buzu was running and that I should watch. I decided to take a nap when the race started, so that I'd be awake at the finish. Much to my surprise, when I woke up 2.5 hours later, Buzu was finished. I mean, who runs 26.2 miles in 2:23? Apparently Buzu does. I was happy that she came in second place, but sad that I missed seeing her. Luckily, she and her husband Worku came to visit me Thursday, and that made up for it.

Buzu is nice and fast
I told Buzu and Worku that I don't want to run 26.2 miles, but I really like those mylar space blankets that they get after the race. So they dressed me up in tin foil to make me feel better. I think I looked more like a baked potato, but I appreciate the effort.


Buzu and Worku got me a really nice present and spent time playing with me and holding me. Then Emily came by to visit too. Dad calls her Killer. He says that's ironic. I think it's just silly. Anyway, Emily gave me an awesome book which Dad says I'm really gonna love soon. And she liked the way I smell. Then Hillary came to visit and she brought Ethiopian food. I was a little confused because even though Buzu and Worku are from Ethiopia, Hillary is from upstate New York, but I'm guessing that the native cuisine of Cazenovia, NY isn't so yummy.

With Hillary, Serka, Emily, Buzu and Work. I've never felt so big
I like my new friends.
My confusion notwithstanding, it was a really great day. I have lots more visitors to tell you about, but it's nap time for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment