Thursday, November 10, 2011

I Say: I'm a Social Butterfly

I'm sorry that I haven't updated in a couple of days, but things have been real hectic in my world. Mom's off taking a well-deserved nap right now, and I'm sitting here with Dad, so it's a good time to get everyone up to speed.

Tuesday was an awesome day. It started when Dad and I took Mom to her doctor. The doctor said that mom is doing much better, so Dad and I were relieved. And Mom was very brave - she didn't even cry in the doctor's office.

After the doctor, we went to visit Mom's co-workers and friends at the Dalton School. Mom said we'd visit for five minutes. Two hours later when we left, I was pooped. We saw a lot of Mom's students, and they were all excited to meet me. Mom's co-workers were super nice to me. I met Maggie, Kathleen, Molly, Lisa (she performed the ceremony when Mom and Dad got married), Guy, Will, Lisa B, Emily, Richards, The Alumni and Development Team, The MS/US Admission Team,  and a bunch more. I saw my old friend Felicia again too. (She and I go way back - to last week.) I even met the Admissions Director. For the record, I would like to publicly state that I think she's wonderful. I am sure that I will always remember our meeting fondly, and I hope she remembers me in a favorable light in a few years...Wink, wink.

Then on Wednesday we went to see my doctor.  I like my doctor, so I was on my best behavior. She said I'm doing great, and she was impressed that I gained 11-ounces in just five days. Since I'm doing so well, I don't have to go back for two whole weeks. I think the doctor just wants me to come back then because she likes me so much.
Mom helped keep me calm at the doctor's office
I like all this traveling around. Most people complain about the subways and buses, but I find them soothing and fun. (Plus at my age they're free, and I'm my mother's son, so I don't like to pass up a bargain.) And even though I don't know the people there, everyone comes up to Mom and Dad to ask about me and to say how adorable I am. Mom and Dad talk about how big New York City is, but it seems that people are very friendly when I'm around.

Even though I know you don't need a reminder, here's further photographic evidence of just how cute I am.







1 comment: