Friday, November 25, 2011

I Say: Thanksgiving Rocked

Having heard all the hullabaloo about Thanksgiving, I was worried that I'd be disappointed. After all, what were the odds that the day would live up to its advance billing? Well guess what? It did.

Mom, Dad and I made the voyage to Bridewater, NJ where we spent the holiday with Grandma Aunt Carole and her family.

Our hosts were Stacy and Jeff, and their kids Jacob, Abby and Sadie. Then there were Jen and Jon and their kids Madeline and Julia. (I call them Maddy and Juju.) They were all really nice to me. They took care of me, held me, and gave me my pacifier when I got a little cranky. Dad is a worrier, but he was really impressed with how kind and gentle the kids all were with me.

Hi Juju
Maddie was fun

That's Jen & Jon

Our hosts were Stacey & Jeff
Jacob took care of me

Sadie was really fun

Sorry about that little accident Abby
And let's not forget that Grandma Aunt Carole and Auntie Rachel both spent plenty of time with me, and are as much fun as I remembered.

Then, as if this wasn't enough excitement, we did a Face Time call with Dad's family in Arizona. I got to see his uncles Aboo and Dan, along with Aunt Lola, Lisa, Craig, Tevie, Mark and Sam. I've heard all about all these people, but I haven't met them yet. I really want to see them in person, but the video call was a good replacement for now.

That's Dan and Aboo on the computer. I can't wait to meet them. 
Aside from mass quantities of turkey and stuffing, along with good company, Dad has one other tradition on Thanksgiving. Ping pong. Some thought that his new role as a responsible, protective parent would get in the way of this practice, but they should know that Dad is not easily deterred. 


I may be young, but I'm a quick learner, and I already figured out that Thanksgiving is awesome. The really cool part about yesterday was that so many people were nice to me and made me happy, and I think I made them happy too. Happy Holiday everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment