Monday, November 21, 2011

I Say: Today Was My Due Date

As you may know, I made my appearance exactly three weeks earlier than expected, on October 31st. In fact I wasn't due until today. The night before I was born Mom and Dad were visiting their friends Lisa and Andy and their three kids Sophia, Luca and Blake. They all had a lot of fun, and Dad joked that I heard all the laughter and wanted to see what was going on out there. Personally, I like to think that I came early because it turned out that Mom was sick and her doctor said it would have been dangerous for her if she didn't have me when she did. Considering how much she looks out for me, it seems only fair that I did the same for her.

Whatever the reason was for my early arrival, Mom and Dad keep telling me how happy they are that I'm here. I appreciate that and I even forgive them for not having my room ready for me. (I hope they'll remember that a few years from now when they tell me to clean my room.) It's funny because even though I wasn't supposed to be here until today, they say they can't imagine being without me. That doesn't really make any sense, but it's nice to know how much they love me. Personally, I'm liking it here because I've gotten to meet so many great friends and family already.

All in all my first three weeks have been pretty great. My parents love me more than they can explain, and we're all grateful for the help and support we've gotten. I haven't known Mom and Dad for long, but they say they've never been happier than since I arrived. I'm glad I could help.


No comments:

Post a Comment