Thursday, November 10, 2011

I Say: Who Knows Me In Japan?

Dad and I were looking through the stats of my blog this morning and it reminded him of an old joke that his father once told him many years ago.

Old man Ginsberg was disgusted with his family. He told them that he was leaving them and going to Japan. 
 
The boys asked, 'Papa, how will you get there?' 
 
He replied, 'Don't you worry, I'll row there.' 
 
Late that night, they walked him to the dock and without their father seeing, tied a very long rope to his row boat. He bade them all a fond farewell and started rowing towards the horizon. They let him stay in the boat all night, but when the sun began to rise they became nervous about his well-being. There was a tremendous fog and the old man and the boat were not visible. The old man had been ferociously rowing away all night when suddenly he heard a voice in the distance shouting, 'Abe Ginsberg, are you all right?' 
 
He turned towards the voice and shouted, 'Who knows me in Japan?'

I retell grandpa's old joke because Dad and I noticed that we are getting multiple views from somewhere in Japan. And while I can figure out who my readers are in Israel, the UK, France, Jamaica and even Malta, I'm puzzled by the traffic from the far east. So I ask, who knows me in Japan? Or Germany, Brazil, Cambodia and Australia for that matter.

While we may not know who they are, we know they're coming to see how cute I am. Here's a sample.

1 comment:

  1. I love this one!!! I don't have to be in Japan to see that my Tiny Tot is CUTE.

    ReplyDelete