Monday, November 14, 2011

I Say: I Met Auntie Rachel (and a Lot More)

This was a busy weekend with a lot of visitors, but the highlight was meeting Dad's sister Rachel. She drove all the way from Boston to see me. (She was sick last week, otherwise she would have visited sooner.) She had gifts for me including some really soft bamboo clothes that Dad says I can wear for Occupy Preschool. She also brought a lot of food for everyone. (Apparently both the Jewish and Jamaican sides of my family are big on food.) I'm not ready for the bagels and lox just yet, but I was just happy to meet her. I'll see her again on Thanksgiving, so that'll be awesome. I hope to meet Uncle Tony soon too since I hear he's a fun guy and can teach me to speak with a British accent, which Dad says will help on my school interviews.

That's my Auntie Rachel
For most babies, that would be enough excitement for a weekend, but I'm not most babies. I also got to meet Luna and her parents Fabian and Helena. Luna is an "older woman" and is very so-phis-to-ca-ted. 

Fabian, Mom, Helena and Luna.
Luna is a little older and a little bigger than I am. 
Fabian is a chef and he brought food for everyone, and they got me some clothes too. How great are they?

I also got visits from Susan, Guy, and Peter who got me fun books and toys and spent time with me. Then Bridget came by again. She couldn't stay for long, but that didn't stop her from saying how cute I am. Plus - in keeping with the theme for the weekend, she brought some homemade food for Mom and Dad. What exactly did Mom and Dad do for food before all these visitors?

We definitely love and appreciate how nice our friends and family are, but want folks to know that I am well stocked and they should just come over. Mom and Dad are actually bragging how they have a social life now that I am here.

The consensus among the visitors was that I'm still really cute. If you doubt their judgment, here is some supporting evidence.



2 comments:

  1. So happy you got to meet Auntie Rachel, who I know was soooooooo looking forward to being with you! Be prepared for plenty of super-special pampering by Auntie Rachel, I'm sure. Such fun!! Xoxo across the oceans, Gramma Aunt-Sandy (busy crocheting away for you....)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful little boy who is so blessed to have two such loving and wonderful parents. I hope I get to meet you soon.
    Love,
    Virginia

    ReplyDelete