Thursday, November 17, 2011

I Say: I'm Better than Fresh Direct

Since my arrival, things have been a little hectic here at home. Apparently I have disrupted Mom and Dad's routine a little bit, hence the pile of laundry which is now the highest peak in New York State. In addition, they haven't been making their weekly trips to Fairway like they used to. But don't worry - they're not going hungry. First they've been taking full advantage of Fresh Direct, which seems like a pretty good deal. They also have a service that's even better. Me.

My fan club is constantly coming by with food. Hot food, cold food. Jewish food, Jamaican food. Prepared food, homemade food. At present we have a supply of smoked salmon that would make Zabar's jealous.

This is mostly awesome because it helps out Mom and Dad while they have their hands full with me. The only drawback to the constant supply of food is that since I've also cut into Dad's gym time, he's currently farther over his pre-pregnancy weight than mom is.

Dad's rapidly growing waistline notwithstanding, we all really appreciate the snacks (and the presents) that my visitors keep bringing. Mom and Dad and I just want people to come see me and meet me, but I know that all the food and gifts really mean a lot to Mom and Dad. They're pretty lucky to benefit from all this, considering that I'm the main attraction. After all, I am quite cute.



1 comment:

  1. You are very cute, little Simon, and I know that for a fact. Trust me, I know "cute" when I see it!

    Xo from your completely unbiased (and w/fingers crossed behind my back),
    Gramma Aunt-Sandy

    ReplyDelete